GUIDANCE BULLETIN – PROCLAMATION 20-25This interpretive guidance concerning Governor Inslee’s Proclamation 20-25: “Stay Home, Stay Healthy,” will be periodically updated.
UPDATES AS OF MARCH 31, 2020
Automotive repair facilities are deemed essential. Only the minimum number of workers required to support or provide a service may be in an enclosed space at the same time, and all activities must comply with the social distancing and sanitation measures established in Proclamation 20-25.
Limited sales and leasing activities at licensed new and used car and truck dealerships are deemed essential only if those activities:
- close a pending transaction that began before Governor Inslee’s Proclamation 20-25 was issued; or
- replace a totaled vehicle, replace a damaged vehicle that is impractical to repair, extend a lease that expires, or provide transportation to essential workers, as identified in the “Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers” list, Appendix to Proclamation 20-25, if the essential worker has no other means of transportation.
Any activity meeting the above criteria must still comply with the following:
- on-site visits to the dealership are by appointment only and must be scheduled remotely;
- only 1 dealership employee may be present in the dealership building (showroom or office) at any one time, and that employee may only be present during the duration of the sale;
- as part of the sales transaction, the buyer must certify that the purchase is essential for one of the reasons provided above; and
- all activities must be conducted in a manner that complies with social distancing and sanitation measures established in Proclamation 20-25.
Renewable energy generation, natural gas generation and biofuel refining are deemed essential. Workers supporting IT-OT technology for energy management systems supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems, and cybersecurity engineers and cybersecurity risk management, emergency management, and business continuity are deemed essential.
FOOD AND AGRICULTURE
Workers supporting commercial geoduck facilities are deemed essential.COMMERCIAL FISHING
Workers supporting commercial fishing are deemed essential.
HEALTHCARE / PUBLIC HEALTH
CLINICAL TRIALS AND BIOTECH THERAPIES
Workers and facilities supporting essential research, development, operations and clinical trials, including biotech therapies are deemed essential.
Nannies and other persons who are providing childcare in the child’s own home are essential workers if they are caring for the children of essential workers.
Outdoor maintenance, including vegetation, is deemed essential only when necessary to prevent spoliation, avoid imminent damage, or address emergency repairs.
Camping and workers supporting private campgrounds are deemed essential. Please be mindful that private campgrounds will remain open to ensure that long-term residents are not displaced. To the greatest extent possible, avoid using this bulletin to justify vacationing in an unsafe manner.
Golf is not deemed essential.
Neither recreational fishing nor recreational shellfish harvesting are deemed essential.
Commercial and household goods moving companies are deemed essential, but only when needed to ensure that people remain in housing, that contracts are fulfilled, or that vulnerable individuals are removed from danger.
All moving work must be conducted with the fewest employees possible and follow the social distancing and sanitation measures set forth in Proclamation 20-25.
Retail which is, in part, deemed essential shall, in total, be deemed essential. This does not apply to non-essential retail that is easily separable from the essential retail area. Easily separable means separate locations or buildings, separate staff, etc., such that the closure of the nonessential retail portion will not affect the essential portion.
Tobacco and vapor sellers are deemed essential if they sell food.